Every day we strive to create shared value in the territories and communities where we operate, combining our industrial objectives with the socio-economic development of the areas in which we carry out our activities.
We work with respect for the ecosystem, people and communities and are responsible for the way we manage water resources, for the safety and impact of our plants and for the wellbeing of the people who work with us.
We achieved carbon neutrality in 2020 by offsetting our emissions from operations; now we want to achieve NET ZERO by reducing and offsetting greenhouse gas emissions and promoting low-emission power generation.
We believe in constant dialogue with our stakeholders. By listening to each other and exchanging knowledge and experience, we established 16 material topics on which Alperia has built its Sustainability Plan.
We want to:
- anchor our governance to sustainability and build an integrated governance model;
- create long-term economic value and make our business model resilient;
- ensure a secure, efficient and sustainable energy supply;
- ensure maximum safety in our plants, the protection of personnel, the population and the surrounding areas (asset integrity);
- actively contribute to the energy transition with new technological solutions;
- ensure data protection and information security (cyber security & data protection).
We want to:
- make 100% of our business activity green, increasing the share of sustainable products and services and customers served by district heating, while improving the offer of charging stations for e-mobility.;
- offer our clients quick and solution-oriented customer service and increase awareness of green solutions by building knowledge of the energy transition and promoting energy efficiency projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We want to:
- minimise the impact of our hydroelectric power plants on nature and the environment and actively protect the biological diversity of waterways;
- make our energy consumption more efficient through measuring instruments for energy monitoring and energy efficiency projects;
- we have achieved carbon neutrality by offsetting our emissions from operations; now we want to achieve NET ZERO by reducing and offsetting greenhouse gas emissions and promoting low-emission energy production.
We want to:
- create added value in terms of jobs, taxes, supply contracts and social engagement activities;
- manage the supply chain in a sustainable manner, with the establishment of minimum ecological and social requirements in tenders, supplier selection, evaluation and audit of suppliers;
- carry out constant monitoring and maintenance activities to ensure safe plants, avoid breakdowns and inefficiencies for customers and eliminate inefficiencies and the waste of resources and energy.
We want to:
- recognise differences and actively manage them, promote female empowerment through leadership programmes aimed at women, professional development paths and work-life balance measures;
- promote the wellbeing and quality of life of our employees and ensure the highest level of safety by implementing all necessary measures (e.g., ergonomic courses) to reduce the risks arising from our activities;
- create an appreciative, open and welcoming working environment to increase the employee satisfaction index;
- support professional development with tailored training paths, valuing the specific skills of the various generations and implementing career development programmes.
our daily commitment
We have invested EUR 180 million so far to maintain our facilities and eliminate inefficiencies. We carry out constant monitoring activities to ensure safety and avoid breakdowns and inefficiencies.
Investments in Research and Development
The energy transition requires major investments in innovation: we have invested more than two million euros in this area and created an Innovation Board to manage investments in an increasingly targeted manner.
The digitisation process has entered an increasingly advanced phase. In 2021, Alperia's Data Protection & Security structure was consolidated, ISO 27001 certification was renewed and a training platform on cyber-security and data protection was introduced.
Focus on our team
People are our strength. We invest in their growth, we support diversity, we support them with work-life balance measures, and we create an inclusive and secure environment, where everyone is free to express their full potential.
Commitment to customers
We supply electricity, natural gas and district heating to almost 381,000 customers. Families and companies with whom we are building a transparent relationship, with an assiduous presence in the area.
The Plan to reduce emissions
We have achieved carbon neutrality by offsetting our emissions from operations. To reduce them further, we have built new district heating plants and implemented measures such as sending bills digitally, smart working, green mobility for our staff and electrifying our entire car fleet.
Our sustainable products and services
100% of the energy we sell to residential customers is green and the share of green gas has also increased. We have also strengthened our presence among SMEs based outside South Tyrol so that they adopt our Green Energy and Green Gas.